About Dr. Mafi
Natural Dentistry Services – Amalgam Free, Cosmetic Dentistry and More, Available in San Diego, California
For quality, natural dentistry services including dental crowns, porcelain veneers and individual dental counseling, in San Diego, California, you can trust Mina A. Mafi DDS. Dr. Mafi provides state-of-the-art amalgam free dentistry to her customers with the extra care and personal attention necessary in an office where patients come first.
Dr. Mafi, a graduate of the prestigious University of Southern California Dental School with years of experience, creates beautiful smiles every day using quality materials, natural dentistry techniques and the latest in technology.
Dr. Mafi – Professional in Natural Dentistry
USC Class of ’94
Dr. Mafi entered USC Dental School in 1990 – the same year she earned her bachelor’s degree in Cell Biology from CSUN. After graduating from the University of Southern California in 1994, she practiced dentistry as an associate for three years in several dental offices throughout Northern and Southern California, and in the San Diego area.
During this time she saw the good and bad sides of dentistry – experiences that became the motivation behind her beliefs regarding quality patient treatment. These beliefs translated into a Philosophy of Care & Quality – a strict guideline developed and followed by Dr. Mafi, when she opened her own natural dentistry office in 1998.
Philosophy of Care & Quality
- Never Use Mercury Amalgam or Fluoride. As a natural dentist, she uses only amalgam free, ceramic and other naturally compatible materials.
- Invest in the latest technology.
- Treat the Patient with the Utmost Respect:
- This means patients at Dr. Mafi’s San Diego dentist office will be seen on time and on schedule. Patients will not be kept waiting beyond their appointed time.
- Furthermore, Dr. Mafi normally treats only one patient at a time – allowing each one her individual and exclusive attention.
- Take the time necessary to educate patients, helping to ensure healthy gums and teeth.
- Natural dentistry’s foremost philosophy is patient education. Dr. Mafi gives a thorough Initial Exam and Explanation (IEE) to each patient. This IEE is essential to assure oral health as well as to detect early signs of problems accurately. Dr. Mafi spends about 45 minutes on each patient’s IEE.
- Pay close attention to patients’ overall health – not just their oral health. Natural dentistry focuses on the body as a whole entity. Dr. Mafi recognizes that procedures and materials used have a direct or indirect effect on a patient’s general health including the heart and central nervous system. Dr. Mafi cares about your overall health and wellbeing, so she uses only naturally compatible materials in her dental office.
- Prevention is the key for long-term dental health.
Preventive Dentistry is the heart of Dr. Mafi’s practice.
Call Dr. Mafi today for a thorough dental check up